Head of Analytics & Insight
Location: Fully Remote (UK Based) - including Post Covid
Salary: £90,000 - £110,000
One of the fastest-growing brands in the UK is recruiting for a Head of Analytics and Insight to help grow and expand their burgeoning customer base. The key areas in this opportunity will be to act as a champion for data analysis business-wide, as well as educating all areas across the business on how analytics can add value. This position will also dive into identifying new opportunities to utilise analytics to drive value, whilst also exploring and implementing new and innovative methods/tools within the data and analytics industry.
Role and Tasks:
- Lead, coach, and inspire a fast-growing analytics team
- Work with your reports, along with key stakeholders across all business functions, to ensuring a joined-up approach across analytics and prioritise analytics workload, ensuring that the most valuable work is always done to answer key business challenges
- Oversee all customer analytics projects and initiatives, including customer segmentation, lifecycle analysis and customer journey understanding
- Oversee all function-specific analytics, including marketing analytics (campaign analysis, at-tribution, channel performance reporting etc.) and commercial analytics (including e-com-merce performance, financial analysis and stock/demand analysis)
- Ensure that your team has access to the data & insight sources they need, knocking down any barriers you face to unlock insight opportunities. This includes working closely with the data team and external partners to maintain and improve our data sources.
- Embed insights through the telling of compelling insight stories that are inspiring, understand-able, and drive action.
- Provide the businesses with an in-depth understanding of the customer journey, creating actionable solutions for the development of an effective, joined up contact strategy across all touchpoints. Challenge siloed behaviours that prevent this joined-up approach to the customer journey.
- Support the Insight Director with the development and execution of a world-class insight strategy by proving thought leadership and constructive challenge
- Provide day to day support to your direct reports, giving them clear direction on their responsibilities, objectives and development plan, checking in regularly to ensure they are delivering against these areas.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, with the ability to educate teams on how analytics can support them, along with the ability to be assertive in challenging decisions and requests from stakeholders at all levels
- In-depth understanding of technical skills used across all applications of analytics, with the ability to advise on and challenge chosen methodologies, ensuring the right techniques are used to complete projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload for your team, understanding which projects will drive the most commercial value and ensuring your team works efficiently on all projects.
- Ability to manage expectations and say no to requests that will not drive commercial value vs. other priorities.
- A degree, preferably in a marketing or business related discipline
- Extensive line management experience, including developing and growing a team
- Experience within an analytics management role where you have delivered analysis and in-sight that has influenced decisions from senior decision makers, delivering positive business results
- In-depth understanding of advanced BI and analytics techniques (predictive modelling, segmentation, forecasting etc.) and analytics software/languages (Alteryx, SQL, R, Python etc.)
If you feel you have the required skills and experience and want to be considered for this role, please apply by submitting an up to date version of your CV, and we will contact you back within 24 hours.
Buzz words: Analytics / Insights / Customer Insights / Customer Analytics / Marketing Campaigns / Performance marketing / Data / Software / SQL / Alteryx / Predictive Modelling / e-commerce / Python / R / Business Intelligence / Forecasting / Remote working