An opportunity has come up for a BI Data Analyst to work for a market-leading Financial services organisation right in the heart of Solihull. With this opportunity, you will get a chance to work with a fantastic team working on some exciting Greenfield projects, while also working with or getting trained to work with data visualisation tools such as Power BI.
The Data Analyst will improve data quality within the IT team's Capability, by embedding a Data Quality Framework that reports on, tracks, monitors and controls the quality of the data. Other areas of the role will involve working across a mix of traditional relational databases and Cloud technologies, with a range of tools and technologies.
- Aggregate functional quality metrics into Enterprise quality metrics
- Identify the size, scale and potential impact of data quality issues
- Proficient in formulating and executing SQL statements
- Be the expert on Enterprise Data Quality Analysis
- Work with key stakeholders to identify the business impact of critical data elements as relevant for the Bank, and work collaborate with the Metadata Analyst who will build these into/maintain a Global Data Dictionary
- Define and manage business and technical quality metrics and design a Data Quality Dashboard
- Collate and report on monthly functional quality metrics from denoted business functions, including Data Quality for Regulatory Reporting Work with others to remedy data quality issues, identify and undertake root cause analysis of, and address, real and perceived issues with data quality
- Work with your colleagues and impacted stakeholders to continuously improve the data quality within the Bank, across all data types, and all lines of business, with a focus on value and regulatory compliance
- Data Profiling and validating Metadata Non-Functional Requirements, in agile projects
- Have the flexibility to work in a standard approach as well as supporting rapid discovery
- Manage and update appropriate documents and artefacts
- Experience of working on GDPR and data governance frameworks, ideally in Banking
- Awareness of data and information management lifecycles
- Some intermediate technical and mathematical skills
- Proficient in use of SQL and, ideally use of IBMi, Power BI, Python
- Competent in formulating and executing SQL statements
- Ability to deliver and maintain a Data Quality Dashboard in Power BI
- An understanding of design and development of data stores and warehouses
- A broad understanding of the applications of data from reporting through to analysis
- Ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is essential, with a proven track record of the communication of complex data governance issues to non-IT stakeholders
- An inquisitive nature and the drive to work with others to get to the root of a problem
- A great eye for and attention to detail
- Deliver tasks to agreed deadlines
Benefits: Some remote working, Bonus, Flexi working hours, 25 days Holliday + Public Holidays, good pension, bespoke career progression plans, lots of free technical training courses, and lots of other great benefits.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience to be considered for this opportunity and would like to hear more details, please forward an up to date version of your CV, and you will be contacted back within 24 hours.